The 2012 NBA draft will be held on Thursday, June 28th. The player combines started yesterday, and those measurements along with individual team workouts will weigh heavy on where players — outside of Anthony Davis — land in the draft.
There will probably be many adjustments necessary once individual and team workouts begin, but this is my first attempt at piecing together the first 14 picks in this years draft.
There are many mocks out there…..this is mine:
- New Orleans Hornets: Anthony Davis (PF) – Kentucky
- Charlotte Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (SF) – Kentucky
- Washington Wizards: Bradley Beal (SG) – Florida
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Harrison Barnes (SF) – North Carolina
- Sacramento Kings: Thomas Robinson (PF) – Kansas
- Portland Trailblazers: Andre Drummond (C) – Connecticut
- Golden State Warriors: Jared Sullinger (PF/C) – Ohio St
- Toronto Raptors: Jeremy Lamb (SF) – Connecticut
- Detroit Pistons: John Henson (PF) – North Carolina
- New Orleans Hornets: Damian Lillard (PG) – Weber St
- Portland Trailblazers: Kendall Marshall (PG) – North Carolina
- Milwaukee Bucks: Perry Jones (SF) – Baylor
- Phoenix Suns: Austin Rivers (SG) – Duke
- Houston Rockets: Tyler Zeller (C) – North Carolina
Teams with multiple picks:
- Quincy Miller, Terrence Ross, and Terrence Jones currently sit on the bubble.
- Kentucky, North Carolina, and Connecticut see multiple picks go in the lottery.
Many of you might be shocked to see local DC product out of Kansas, Thomas Robinson, fall as far as he does in this mock. Most experts currently have Robinson going #2 overall to Charlotte. The Bobcats pick is going to be the most important one for the four to five picks following it, as it will set the tone for who is drafted where. Like I said above, there will probably be many changes over the next few weeks following workouts, and updates may be made.