Best. Team. Ever.
Clear some space for your DVR
On Wednesday, June 13th at 9:00 PM ET, NBA TV will air The Dream Team, a documentary on the greatest team that was ever assembled in sports.
The 2012 summer Olympics are set to start on July 27th, and that will mark the 20 year anniversary of team USA’s basketball gold medal. Now we have already tried to prepare you for the upcoming Olympics, but this will be worth checking out for basketball fans, team USA fans, and all sports fans in general.
The Dream Team dominated the 1992 summer Olympics in Barcelona. The closest game for team USA was a 32 point victory in the gold medal match vs. Croatia (117-85). They won all of their Olympic games by an average of 43.75 points per game!!
Some Interesting Stats
- On a team loaded with scorers, Charles Barkley led the team in scoring with 18.0 points per contest.
- Some of the games best passers in John Stockton and Magic Johnson were on team USA’s roster, but Scottie Pippen lead the team in assists with 5.9 per game.
- The team’s leading rebounders with 5.3 per match were Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing.
- Only one player started all 8 games during the Olympics…….you guessed it……Michael Jordan.
According to NBA.com, the documentary will feature:
• Exclusive one-on-one interviews with the entire Dream Team
• The Team’s only loss
• The Story of the greatest game never seen
• How The Team was chosen
• Many other exclusive interviews with those connected to the team
I don’t know about you, but I am already hooked.
I think I can safely say that this is must see TV, especially for those of us who grew up wearing a team USA basketball jersey and idolizing The Dream Team.